Last week’s blog covered “How Small Businesses can Help Local Charities” so we’d like to discuss this week some local organizations that are great causes and always need help. As the ‘season of giving’ is here please take these organizations into consideration for donations or volunteering. There are so many to choice from in the area but these are 10 that are important to us at Across the Horizons.
- Capturing Hopes Photography – Capturing Hopes Photography is a charitable organization of volunteer professional photographers. This organization takes photos of babies in NICU, along with providing emotional support for the families.
- Crisis Control Ministries – Crisis Control Ministry is a Christian-based ministry whose mission is to assist people in crisis to meet essential life needs and to become self-sufficient.
- Authoring Action – Authoring Action is a nonprofit organization that helps to educate and develop youth as authors and advocates for social change, redefining learning through the arts, and supporting stronger communities.
- Habitat for Humanity – Habitat for Humanities of Forsyth County helps families by providing them with the opportunity to have a safe, decent and affordable place to live.
- Newborns in Need – Newborns in Need is a charity organized to take care of needy babies. They help provide care necessities to agencies and hospitals serving premature, ill or impoverished newborns.
- Arts for Life – Arts for Life’s mission is to support children & their families who face serious illnesses and disabilities by providing educational art programs that help nurture their minds and spirits.
- Ronald McDonald House of Winston-Salem – This non-profit organization provides a “home away from home” for families of children who are receiving treatment in medical facilities in the Triad.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC – With a vision of “Sharing the abundance so no one in our community goes hungry”, the Second Harvest Food Bank of Northwest NC strives to reduce hunger and malnutrition. They also host the annual Empty Bowls event held in Winston-Salem every April.
- Senior Services Inc of Winston-Salem and Forsyth County – The mission of this non-profit organization is “helping our elderly live with dignity.”
- Winston-Salem Urban League – Winston-Salem Urban League strives to “empower and advocate” individuals in the community in order “to promote socioeconomic progress and parity through education, training and civic engagement.”
Triad Moms on Main offers several great comprehensive listings of local non-profit organizations (listed below).
Whether it’s one of these organizations or a different local non-profit organization we encourage everyone to give back somehow this year.