It is hard to ignore the fastest growing website in history. Pinterest is a social network pin board style site. It allows users to share posts of photos, videos, and create collections of a multitude of interests. These postings are called “pins” and each pin is linked to a website where the “pinner” can learn more about that particular interest. If a user wants they can “repin” posts onto their personal page/boards and then categorize it in a personalized theme based album. Examples of albums are business products, events, interests and hobbies.
The best part of Pinterest is that it can help a business grow. Here are a few enticing reasons a company should join Pinterest.
- A business depends on driving a high-volume of website traffic to increase sales. Statistics of many other large name companies show a larger numbers in traffic through Pinterest over Facebook, Google+, Youtube, and LinkedIn combined.
- Using the “pin it” button on web pages, will allow pins to include a link back to the website. This will let pinners directly view content on your website.
- By pinning and having pins repined the reach goes far beyond a company’s followers. This link shows a visual on how many people one pin can reach.
- Pinterest is connected to Twitter, Facebook and email. This strengthens the number of viewers and the customer’s ability to share information with others.
- Large name brands and companies are taking advantage of this free site and seeing results. Why shouldn’t your organization? These brands/companies include (but not limited to): General Electric, Nordstrom, Whole Foods, Etsy, and Michaels’.
For more information on how to set up a great Pinterest page contact Across the Horizons at email@example.com. Visit our Pinterest Page for some examples – see image below of our page and boards.