Small businesses trying to build their clientele may find marketing and advertising a daunting and expensive task. It would be useful for them to take advantage of easy and free avenues for reaching out to potential clients.
Twitter currently has over half a million users worldwide. Over half who share business-related content on social networks do so on Twitter. More than 25% of users would consider contacting a business though Twitter.
Need more reasons why your company would benefit from a Twitter account?
- Make business connections with Tweets-Whether you find it hard or lack the man power to make cold calls, tweets can be done quickly and reach more customers within seconds unlike phone calls. Use directories Twellow and advanced Twitter search to find new clients and sales leads. Remember to follow potential customers to understand what their needs and wants are. Additionally, following customers can connect your business to even more customers since 69% of users follow others based on recommendations from friends.
- Announce special deals and promotions-This can help bring customers to you and help sell slow-moving products. Over a third of Twitter users will follow brands and customers for promotions and discounts. Incentives make up 32% of retweets.
- Help your business branding-As of May 2012, a quarter of current users connect with brands on Twitter. By using Twitter search and listening tools, your businesses can monitor real-time conversations about your brand. This can help your marketing and management teams to see what customers are saying about your company. Two easy to use listening tools are Tweetdeck and HootSuite.
- Improve your visibility on search engines-Search engines now pull up Twitter profiles.
- Hashtag benefits-A hashtag is the use of the symbol # before a relevant keyword or phrase (no space) in your Tweet. Hashtags are used for categorizing Tweets, making it easier for people to find your Tweets in their Twitter searches. To learn more about hashtags and to find the popularity of certain hashtags, visit hashtags.org.
Across the Horizons can help you set up and maintain your businesses Twitter account. Contact us for more information and pricing on our social media services.