Marketing forecasters predict by September of this year there will be 1 billion Facebook ‘active’ users. With such a high volume audience today’s businesses cannot afford to miss out on this market. However, it is not enough to just make posts on Facebook. They must be one of two things: relevant to your company/industry and/or worthy of ‘sharing’ and ‘liking’.
Many companies make the mistake of constantly trying to sell their products and services on every post. This is not the way to attract customers and certainly not the way to gain loyal Facebook fans who will repeatedly view, like and share your posts. In gaining likes, shares, and comments on posts a company greatly enhances their chances of appearing in not just their followers newsfeeds but in their fan’s Facebook friends newsfeeds as well.
What kind of posts get shares, likes & comments?
- Quotes, specifically motivational quotes, are a good way to get likes and shares. These types of posts should not be used often but are ideal for busier work days or times.
- To get people commenting ask open ended questions or fill in the blanks, plus these posts give a company information on their audience. Additionally, these posts can usually be tied into a company’s products or services.
- News articles that would be useful to a company’s audience or relates to the same industry are a great way to gain shares.
When to post about your company?
- New products or services
- Quoted or seen in the news or third-party online blog
- Updated website or new features to it (including new webpages or tools)
- Sharing company e-mail blasts & blog posts
- Portraying new employees or current employee’s accomplishments (For instance, Employee of the Month)
- Case studies that are informative while also showing what the company is capable of
There are many more topics to post about on a business Facebook page but remember to be creative with them and always keep it professional. Please contact us with any questions or inquiries on Facebook or social media marketing at firstname.lastname@example.org.